Passenger Name Record commonly known as PNR Status is a record maintained by Indian Railway in the form of database. This informative database of passengers is maintained and cared by computer reservation system also known as CSR. All the details related to a passenger reservation get stored in relational database of centralized reservation system. With the help of 10-digit PNR a passenger can easily get details about ticket confirmation that we also called as irctc PNR prediction. This PNR status is very much helpful as passenger get clear confirmation about their journey confirmation. With this passenger can easily get details about ticket confirmation followed by coach, birth, seat number details.
There are uncountable ways for knowing or collecting correct status of PNR. Like one can check about booking confirmation through mobile application, online portals, SMS, final reservation chart and ticket booking counter at railway station. While traveling by train you may find that your ticket status as waitlist or W/L. It’s quite common during long vacations or on holidays. To check whether your ticket is confirmed or not this PNR number helps. During the time of some vacations or holidays getting confirmed seat is quite difficult but still passengers book their tickets and carry forward with the status of W/L (waitlist). Also, each train has limited number of seats and according to availability of seats confirmation get done. In case of W/L the status of ticket gets changed from waitlist to confirmed as per the availability of seats. This new generated status of reservation is normally known as PNR or PNR Live Status.
Forget about old ways and turn on all your keys, and learn new tech ways to make your journey schedule more convenient and comfortable. This service has been launched to make the journey of passengers easier. IRCTC PNR status Check is helpful in sorting travel plans. It gives complete detail about booking. Indian economy is developing very fast and same is applied to every field.
Where to find PNR number on ticket?
PNR number is normally printed at the top left corner of the printed tickets (tickets that are taken from railway station booking window).
In other means if you have E – Ticket (tickets that are booked online or through IRCTC website), it is mentioned at top in separate cell with first line of ticket details. like
|PNR No. :||2239467111|
How to check PNR status?
There are many mediums through which PNR status enquiry can be made. Most popular ways are listed below:
- PNR status enquiry through online websites, just go http://www.onlinepnrstatus.co.in, or go here for india official website www.indianrail.gov.in , www.irctc.co.in for checking live PNR status .
- Current reservation status check using SMS with 139 OR 5676747 SMS service was launched by IRCTC. To get PNR status on mobile through SMS, you need to send following message on 139 or 5676747.
PNR <your 10 digit PNR number>For Example:
- Mobile applications go to PNR Status App
- Railway enquiry counters at railway stations.
- Final reservation charts : Final reservation chart is generally prepared before two or three hours of train departure time. This chart is pasted on notice board of railway station platforms.
Types of Indian Railways Tickets
- E-Ticket : E-Ticket or Electronic Ticket is only booked through IRCTC website. One can take print out of booked ticket and show it to the TTE with relevant passenger ID.
- i-Ticket : Tickets booked at railway reservation counter are of type i-Ticket. It can also be booked at IRCTC website and usually gets delivered through courier at your home.
Railway tickets different booking status symbols :
|CAN / MOD||Cancelled or Modified Passenger|
|CNF / Confirmed||Confirmed (Coach/Berth number will be available after chart preparation)|
|CKWL||Tatkal Waiting List|
|RAC||Reservation Against Cancellation|
|WL #||Waiting List Number|
|RLWL||Remote Location Wait List|
|GNWL||General Wait List|
|PQWL||Pooled Quota Wait List|
|REGRET/WL||No More Booking Permitted|
|RELEASED||Ticket Not Cancelled but Alternative Accommodation Provided|
|R# #||RAC Coach Number Berth Number|